Carpenter's Neurophysiology: A Conceptual Approach (Paperback)
Neurophysiology: A Conceptual Approach offers a refreshing alternative to 'learning by rote'. Under new authorship, the sixth edition preserves the legacy of the original author, the late Roger Carpenter, retaining the concise approach and readable style so central to its predecessors. Integrating the disciplines of neurology and neuroscience with an emphasis on principles and functional concepts, this comprehensive textbook covers the entire subject of neurophysiology, from the conduction of nerve impulses to the higher functions of the brain, within a single accessible volume.
- Everything the student of medicine or physiology needs to understand neurophysiology.
- Blends successfully the principles of neuroscience with clinical manifestations in line with modern undergraduate curriculums.
- Revised and updated, with a particular focus on proprioception, skin sense and hearing, including developments in cochlear implants, and functional MRI
- Over 500 illustrations, accompanied by full figure legends, also available as a download for use in presentations.
- Choice of PB with bundled ebook, durable HB or ebook only for complete flexibility
Full of explanatory colour diagrams, the book remains an unrivalled 'one-stop shop' for students of medicine, physiology and applied physiology, neurophysiology, neuroscience, and other bioscience disciplines seeking an integrated introduction to the challenging disciplines of neuroscience and neurology.