The Far Side Gallery 2 (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Far Side series.
- #1: The Far Side (Paperback): $12.99
- #2: Beyond The Far Side (Paperback): $10.99
- #3: In Search of The Far Side (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #4: The Far Side Gallery (Paperback): $16.99
- #6: Valley of The Far Side (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: It Came From The Far Side (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: Hound of The Far Side (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #10: The Far Side Observer (Paperback): $12.99
- #11: Night of the Crash-Test Dummies (Far Side #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Far Side Gallery 3 (Paperback): $18.99
- #13: Wildlife Preserves (Far Side #13) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #14: The PreHistory of The Far Side: A 10th Anniversary Exhibit (Paperback): $19.99
- #15: Wiener Dog Art (Far Side #15) (Paperback): $12.99
- #16: Unnatural Selections (Far Side #16) (Paperback): $12.99
- #17: Cows of Our Planet (Far Side #17) (Paperback): $12.99
- #18: The Far Side Gallery 4 (Paperback): $18.99
- #19: The Chickens Are Restless (Far Side #19) (Paperback): $12.99
- #20: The Curse Of Madame C (Far Side #20) (Paperback): $12.99
- #21: The Far Side Gallery 5 (Paperback): $18.99
- #22: Last Chapter and Worse (Far Side #22) (Paperback): $12.99
The second Far Side treasury.
1986 FarWorks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Far Side and the Larson signature are registered trademarks of FarWorks, Inc.
About the Author
The Far Side was syndicated in more than 1,900 daily newspapers from 1980 to 1995, when Gary Larson retired. During its run, the cartoon spawned 22 books from AMP, which were translated into a total of 17 different languages. For his work with The Far Side, Larson was awarded the Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist from the National Cartoonists Society in 1991 and 1994. The group also named The Far Side Best Syndicated Panel in both 1985 and 1987.
“Explain him? No. Explicate him? No. Enjoy him? Yes, God, yes … Just don’t o.d. You could die laughing.” (Stephen King)
“Cartoonist Gary Larson carries the macabre to hilarious lengths.” (The Wall Street Journal)
“A magnificent contribution to popular culture.” (The Washington Post)
“Samuel Taylor Coleridge, in between opium binges, once distinguished poetry from prose by noting that the former comprises ‘the best words in their best order.’ Gary Larson’s achievement in The Far Side® is to have pulled off much the same thing in a humbler medium: the best joke told with the best image … there is no excuse not to have some Larson in your life.” (The Daily Beast)
“Larson communicates a great deal of information in a few simple ink lines. The expressions of his characters are vivid and immediately recognizable … And with just a strand of beads and a pair of harlequin glasses, he can somehow transfer any animal—a shark, a bug, a warthog—into a dowdy
suburban hausfrau.” (The Los Angeles Times)
“In an age when black humor is a lost art, Larson’s cartoon is an island of insanity, offering us the perspective of a world where the unreal is normal and vice versa. Its message deep down is a dark one— something about taking ourselves too seriously and strutting around as if we own the place.” (Rolling Stone)
“Bless Gary Larson for his wonderful consistency in casting an artful eye on all of Earth’s wild
critters, human or otherwise.” (The Philadelphia Inquirer)
“The unofficial cartoonist laureate of the scientific community.” (Natural History Magazine)
“The natural order of things goes seriously awry, with hilarious results.” (Smithsonian Magazine)
“Gary Larson is a simple man with a simple talent for mordant hilarity.” (San Francisco Chronicle)