The Rough Guide to Cyprus (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Rough Guides) (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Cyprus
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Cyprus with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the beautifully painted wooden churches of the Troodos Mountains, take in the spectacular views from the fantastical ruins of St Hilaron or explore the mysterious wreck of the Zenobia, one of the Mediterranean's premier dive sites, The Rough Guide to Cyprus will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Cyprus
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Cyprus
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Lamaka, Pafos and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including the desolate splendor of the Stavrovouni Monastery and rugged charm of Kolossi Castle
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Lemesos, Omodos and Famagusta's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Cyprus, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers Lamaka and around; Lemesos and around; Pafos and around; The Troodos Mountains; Lefkosia (South Nicosia); North Cyprus
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to the Greek Islands, The Rough Guide to Greece, The Rough Guide to Crete
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.