The Marine Sniping Handbook - Remastered: Completely Overhauled, New & Improved - Full Size Edition - Master the Art of Long-Range Combat Shooting, fr (Paperback)
This book is Non-returnable.
REMASTERED EDITION: COMPLETELY OVERHAULED, NEW & IMPROVED - RE-ILLUSTRATED AND DIGITIZED FOR THE 21ST-CENTURY WARRIOR MARKSMAN
The USMC's remarkable scout-sniping manual has been employed essentially unchanged for several decades, its longevity proving the quality and effectiveness of its content. However, being designed for obsolete pre-digital printing techniques, the clarity of its text and images was not up to the standard expected by modern audiences.
UNTIL NOW Acting on reader feedback received, Carlile Media brings you the new, remastered edition: thoroughly and painstakingly re-created and freshly-illustrated to bring you the best possible experience of this unique work:
- The entire text has been completely re-created and typeset from scratch for diamond-clear readability. No part of the original files have been re-used.
- Every photograph has been evaluated and, in almost every case, replaced with up-to-date, clear photos from the Corps' archives.
- All line-drawing illustrations have been either re-drawn completely, or up-converted to vector files for excellent visual clarity.
- All significant photo/illustration improvements - over one hundred and ten of them - have been listed in a new section of the book.
Read more about the stellar improvements in the new Publisher's Introduction.
MASTER THE ART OF LONG-RANGE COMBAT SHOOTING, FROM BEGINNER TO EXPERT SNIPER
- Giant 8.5" x 11" format.
- 215+ pages - complete & unabridged.
- The indispensable manual for service personnel, civilian contractors, law enforcement, competition shooters, hunters, preppers, and more.
- Created and trusted by the United States Marine Corps.
- Essential reference for the bookshelf or range bag of any long-range marksman, particularly the M40 variant / Remington 700 type operator and instructor.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition "
The Scout Snipers of the United States Marine Corps are among the most respected reconnaissance, surveillance and long-distance rifle specialists in the world. Highly skilled in field craft and marksmanship, the Scout Sniper is able to penetrate the enemy's defenses, provide forward recon and observation, and deliver precision fire on selected high-value targets, without detection or capture.
This Handbook illustrates the proper and effective methods of scout-sniping in offensive combat and defensive force-protection. It also covers selection, training, employment, equipment selection and care.
Containing the distilled wisdom of the USMC's instructors and experts over decades, the Handbook is designed and proven to hone a student of any current ability into a competition-ready, combat-grade precision marksman.
NOTE: For FMFM 1-3, Basic Rifle Marksmanship, mentioned in the Foreword, look for "The Marine Corps Rifle Marksmanship Handbook" (ISBN: 978-1-79191-085-3 ).
THE SCOUT-SNIPER - SNIPER EQUIPMENT - MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING - FIELD SKILLS (TARGET DETECTION & SELECTION, RANGE ESTIMATION, CAMOUFLAGE, MOVEMENT, POSITION SELECTION) - SNIPER SKILLS - SNIPER TACTICAL EMPLOYMENT (OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE) - PLANNING & PREPARATION OF A SNIPER MISSION - APPENDIXES (RANGE ESTIMATION TABLES, BASIC SNIPER TRAINING SYLLABUS, MARKSMANSHIP EXERCISES, SNIPER TRAINING EXERCISES, WINDAGE CONVERSION TABLE, BUILDING TERRAIN MODELS, REFERENCES)
Search for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf
Provided for information purposes only.
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.