LNAT Practice Book: LNAT Preparation Guide for Part A of the National Admissions Test for Law (Paperback)
This book is Non-returnable.
LNAT Practice Book: LNAT Preparation Guide for Part A of the National Admissions Test for Law by LNAT Success Associates helps you learn how to answer all of the types of questions on Part A of the UK LNAT test.
Each one of the practice tests in this book contains 42 questions and is in the same format as the real test. You may therefore take the practice tests in this book under timed conditions.
However, we recommend that as you work through practice test 1 in this publication, you check your answers after completing each of the passages.
This will help you to become acquainted with the different types of questions on the LNAT and gain strategies to answer them.
The LNAT contains approximately 20 to 22 different types of questions. Each of our practice tests therefore includes one or two of the following question types:
- Writer's Main Argument
- Assumptions by the Writer
- Making Inferences from the Passage
- Interpreting Analogies
- Understanding the Reasons for an Example
- Specific Detail Questions
- Identifying Assertions
- Understanding Implications
- Identifying Opinions
- Interpreting Unstated Assumptions
- Claims Made by the Writer
- Use of Inverted Commas or Quotation Marks
- Logical Steps in the Structure of an Argument
- Interpreting Phrases That Advance the Writer's Argument
- Identifying Contrasting Ideas
- Understanding Textual References
- Identifying Statements That Support a Writer's Opinion
- Evaluating Criticisms Made by the Writer
- Understanding Vocabulary in Context
- Use of Italics to Emphasize a Point
- Identifying a Shift in Viewpoint
- Understanding the Tone of the Text
You should pay special attention to the explanations to the questions for practice test 1 as they contain exam tips that will help you as you complete the remaining practice tests in this book.
Get a step ahead in your exam preparation with LNAT Success Associates.