Written a book? Want it on our shelves?
Authors often ask us to sell their books. We at A Likely Story Bookstore are happy to support regional authors who have published their work. If your book has been published by an established publisher whom we currently order from, we will purchase your books directly from the publisher. In which case you are welcome to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying us of its publication.
In case of self-publication we can offer you the opportunity to sell your book on consignment.
- If your book is self-published or not readily available through normal wholesalers, we offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. Due to the labor involved in tracking and selling your book we do require a non-refundable service fee of $10 per title for adult books and $15 per title for poetry and children titles.
- A Likely Story Bookstore reserves the right to say no to a consignment request.
- Books must be printed in a professional manner with the title and author listed on the spine. We will not stock or sell any title published by or printed through Amazon. com. This includes titles published or printed through CreateSpace.
- Consignment is based on the industry standard. The author will receive 60% of the purchase price, before taxes, and A Likely Story Bookstore will receive 40% of the purchase price.
- Initially we will stock up to 2 copies of your title. We will contact you if additional copies are needed. A Likely Story Bookstore is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen books.
- Books will be on consignment for 3 months. After this period an evalution of the books sales will be made. Based on this evaluation the contract may be extended if agreeable between Author/Publisher and A Likely Story Bookstore. Should we decide to not continue to carry your book(s) you will be contacted to pick up any remaining copies. It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date. If books are not picked up within 2 weeks they will be donated.
- Payment for any books sold will be made at the end of the month for any books sold that month. Checks will be mailed to the address given to us.
- Placement and display of you book inside our store is at our discretion.
- The author should encourage friends, family and other contacts to purchase their book at A Likely Story Bookstore. This includes stating that your book is available at A Likely Story Bookstore in your marketing and advertising. As a publisher it is important to remember that marketing is up to you.
- An Event Program is offfered seperately.