Scholastic Parents Night
Join us for our second Scholastic Parents Night panel and Q&A: Keeping Kids Engaged as Readers!
With so many TV shows, video games, and other things to do, how can we help kids get excited about picking up a book—and continue reading it?
In our second Scholastic Parents Night event, Scholastic authors, editors, and education experts will share tips and answer your burning questions about how to keep kids engaged as readers, build their skills, and grow their confidence.
You will receive digital swag after the event, including activity sheets and parent tips. You can also pick up some special physical swag from your local participating independent bookstore!
- Moderator John Schu - Host of Book Joy Live, author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect. and Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Pam Allyn: Co-Author of Every Child a Reader, Founder of LitWorld
- Andrea Davis Pinkney - Vice President and Executive Editor, Award-winning author
- Phil Falco - Creative Director, Graphix
- Malcolm Mitchell - Author of My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World, Founder of Share the Magic Foundation
- Ernest Morrell: Co-author of Every Child a Reader, Director for the Center for Literacy Education at the University of Notre Dame
- Lauren Tarshis - Author of the I Survived series, Publisher of Scholastic Classroom Magazines